1. What is the mission of SOLIDIS?
As a financial institution, SOLIDIS accompanies the SMES by offering them customized technical support as well as a custom-made funding solutions (equity, quasi-equity, warranty, credit, â€¦) in order to promote their growth.
- What isÂ SOLIDIS guarantee?
It is a complementary financial commitment to be granted to a bank/micro-finance (IFP) partners, in addition to the real collaterals required by the Bank /micro-finance partner (IFP) to facilitate the access to banking loans. It is in form of a commitment by signature.
- What is the usefulness of a SOLIDIS guarantee?
To support financing application, SOLIDIS guarantee covers the lenderâ€™s collateral shortage or supplies required collaterals depending on the type of loan applied at IFP.
- How much does SOLIDIS offer to finance my project?
Generally, SOLIDIS guaranteeÂ covers 50% of the risk taken by the Bank on the client. Nevertheless, the rate can vary, from 40 to 100%. This rate is set for each project according to the duration and the risk, and for each type ofÂ requested guarantee.
- SOLIDISÂ is a first-demand guarantee. What does it mean?
This means that the guarantee is available and fast-disbursing Â after acceptance of the Bank.
- CanÂ SOLIDISâ€™ Institution Financial Partner require other than the existing guarantees from the customer?
Yes, the SOLIDIS guaranteeÂ compensates the lack of real guarantees that can be offered by the SME. It is also a financial tool that encourages PFIs to finance more SMEs because the risks are shared.
- WhoÂ can take advantage of SOLIDIS guarantee?
With the “Real Estate Credits”, SOLIDIS grants its guarantee to INDIVIDUAL, employee or independent customers holder of a bank account whose incomes are domiciled in a PFI.
Apart from the “Guarantee on Real Estate Credits”, SOLIDIS offers a guarantee to all companies operating in Madagascar.
- WhatÂ Â types of loans does SOLIDIS guarantee?
For COMPANIES, the loans guaranteed by SOLIDIS are intended to investments (real estate, equipment, supplier of fixed assets) and intended for operation (commercial discount, advance on products / goods, pre-financing or campaign).
For PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL, SOLIDIS supports all real estate projects.
- WhatÂ is the maximum risk SOLIDIS GUARANTEE can grant?
Defined by the statute, the SOLIDIS guarantee is currently limited to 500 million MGA in terms of loan for one client. For amounts above this limit, please contact our sales department on 020 22 211 00.
- WhatÂ are the advantages of SMEs contacting SOLIDIS and not directly the bank?
The SME will be able to benefit from financial expertise in the preparation of its business plan and a better introduction of its application to the banks.
- Does the guarantee automatically mean obtaining financing ?
No, because IFP does not grant loan against guarantee, but it accepts to grant financing based on the viability and solvency of its client and the proposed project. Guarantees come to comfort the decision of giving loans,
- WithÂ SOLIDIS support, how long is the processing time of an application (from application deposit to the approval / disbursement or rejection)?
SOLIDIS can respond within ONE WEEK after receipt of complete file. Subsequently, the processing time of a file varies according toÂ banks / MFIs: it can go from 72h to 3months.
- WhatÂ happens when the customer does not reimburse the bank? In what extent does SOLIDIS intervene?
In case of customer default, SOLIDIS pays the bank on first demand 50% of the outstanding capital. Simultaneously,Â the IFP lenderÂ operates the force-sale of real guarantees.
- Is there an age limit for obtaining a SOLIDIS guarantee ?
For operating loansÂ / investment: No. The condition of eligibility is that the borrower requestingÂ SOLIDIS guarantee is an SME which has existed for 6 months minimum. Nevertheless, the borrower should be active /still operating during the duration of the requested loan.
For real estate loan: No. Nevertheless, the age of the borrower is taken into account before the decision to grant loan with theÂ IFP lender.
- WhatÂ are non-eligible projectsÂ for SOLIDIS?
SOLIDIS is an ethicalÂ fund . Thus, any illegal activity (laundering, games crimes, etc) violating good morals or not respecting its charter of corporateÂ and environmental responsibility, is excluded from itsÂ field of intervention .
- WhichÂ are the approved banks working with SOLIDIS?
SOLIDIS is a partner of a large part of existing financial institutions , namely the banks (BOA, BNI, BMOI, MDB, BCM, MicroCred, SIPEM and Access Bank), micro-finance institutions (PAMF, URCECAM) or some investment companies (SONAPAR , FIARO).
- Does SOLIDIS guarantee personal input of an investmentÂ projectÂ promoter?
No, SOLIDIS does not guarantee personal inputs of the Promoters. But, it is necessary to specify that bank loans are granted only after the mobilization of inputs by the promoters.
- What is the role of professional associations in the SOLIDIS support to companies?
Professional associations ensures proper morality and the skills of the borrower, not only with SOLIDIS but especially with the IFP. The associations can defend their members during SOLIDIS decision committees.
- How are projects selected for the investment fundÂ ?
Projects are evaluated according to the following criteria: completeness of the application, status of the project (feasible), merit of the project (the project generates social and economic impact at CMT).
- What type of project is eligible for fundingÂ ?
Any project leaning on improvement, development and innovation can be eligible for funding.
- Who can benefit from SOLIDIS fundingÂ ?
Whether at the start or during the operating phase, any high-potential company that presents innovative projects and offers certain investment opportunities can benefit from SOLIDIS financing.
- What is the maximum amount of funding offered per projectÂ ?
The funding envelope depends on the project scale. The amount can go up to 150 000EUR
- Are contingency costs eligible for fundingÂ ?
Contingency costs are not eligible for funding. Applicants are then encouraged to break down project costs when submitting their application. If the applicant submitted contingency costs in his application, those costs would be removed.
- How much time does it take between application submission and selection?
This is variable and depends mainly on the project holders as well as the documents submitted by the contractor. Obviously, we accompany the contractor in the constitution of the elements essential to the decision-making of the investors.
- How are the projects supervisedÂ ?
SOLIDIS usesÂ a project management framework including a number of control systems (Regular Reports) which helps us to ensure the project progressÂ follow-up, as well as to see the amount of funding spent in the course of project implementation.
- Is the confidentiality of my project preservedÂ ?
We are open to sign confidentiality agreement and this, before accessing to your strategic data. In addition, the identity of our investors/shareholder will be communicated to you and you can decide of their access to your business model and your capital, or refuse these privileges.
- What are the types of funding proposed by SOLIDISÂ ?
Our solutions for funding depend on the needs of each target. It can be an equity holding orÂ an advance loan on current accounts (Debts, mezzanine debt)